On Saturday Luci & Ben got married at Aynhoe Park.... Well they actually got married in Vegas a few years ago and decided to do it again in their own unique way. Over the course of two days Aynhoe was turned into a festival to end all festivals called Lubetonbury.
Foregoing the usual wedding traditions, they threw possibly the most rock n roll shindig I have ever seen complete with the following:
- Not one band, but FOUR (!) including Jilted Generation - the world's best Prodigy tribute
- The Rabbit Hole from Glastonbury Festival - guests traversing tunnels just to get in
- Yetis, drag queens, dwarves, a polar bear, killer clowns, a drunk Father Christmas
- A druid rabbit performing the ceremony
- A mariachi troop
- A tattoo artist live tattooing guests
- A T-Rex, circus strongmen, jugglers, sword swallower
- ..and much much more!
I have never seen a bunch of people party so hard and for so long as Luci and Ben's guests - all the time laughing at the surreal event unfolding around them.
Big thanks must go to my super team of photographers who went in hard and fast: Shelly Mantovani and John Dent you killed it! Between us we took a crazy amount of images that will take me a fair while to go through and edit, so in the meantime here are a few to give you a flavour of the beautiful carnage that unfolded.